californiaflagnowriting

We's in California

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We Be Fronting the VNB.

Last night there were two six foot cops in our living room. This whole process began when I fell asleep without locking the apartment door. I was in the living room on the couch because that's where the AC is and someone came in during the night, stole the change jar by our door, stole my wallet, must have walked into the living room, saw me sleeping on the couch, and then took off. So the two LAPD officers in our livingroom last night, they were classic cops: Nice and tall, shiny boots, absolutely no sideburns at all. These are the types of guys I want patrolling the streets. Apparently someone will be by to take some prints on our door in the next few days. I feel like buying a big sombrero hat and when they come I'll say "I don't know officer, but they did leave this " and then dramatically pull out a 5 foot wide hat from the closet. The cops informed us that Van Nuys "is not the greatest area". We also learned about a gang called the Van Nuys Barrios, some Mexican gang who's headquarters are "over there" as he points out window. What? Anyway, I'm looking forward to months of hassle to get another social security card (Canadian and American), drivers license (Canadian and American), and student card which hasn't been valid for 3 years but I was still using to get discounts at movies (Canadian and American).

I know if you're reading this it's really because you want all the details about Code Camp. Let's just say c:\dos\run. I did meet a guy who was married to one of the ladies in the Danielson Family. So not only was he cool by association, but
also by demeanor. Armed with this knowledge we then proceeded to make fun of the band that was scheduled to play at Code Camp, despite the fact that the Database Administrator at our table told me that last year they were awesome. I left before they started.

I stopped to try and keep my toes on the nose in Del Mar on the way back, which you can see is beautiful. God Bless California.

ps: I updated my blogroll. Check it.

10 Comments:

  • G, how's the surfing going? I hear its totally gnarly and its good to take off any rings you might have and put them on your back tire and then drive off. really good for business.

    Next time you get visited by cops, and by the sounds of it, it could be fairly regular, ask him/her if you can hold their gun, that goes over well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 28, 2006  

  • Can't wait to see you smooth-talk your way across the border without a driver's licence or a passport. You better be in super spy mode.

    To prevent further intrusions just tell the cop that the next dirtbag that walks through the door will "get his ass capped". Word will get around you're a gangsta and that will be the end of the problem. At least until someone figures out that gangsta guys usually live in crack houses and they start showing up for business.

    Or you could put a decal of Calvin peeing on a sombrero on your apartment door. That oughta work well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 28, 2006  

  • I got across a few months ago with just my drivers license, not my passport. The man at Vancouver airport said, "Ok, but don't do it again. Next time you won't be able to." But I'm betting on the lack of co-operation and organization on both sides of the border is gonna get me through again.

    Or I won't bother with any id at all. Seems to work around here, if you're Mexican. There's a nurse at Dayna's hospital from England who's been here for 5 years but her lawyer screwed up in renewing her yearly work visa. The ward she worked on is crammed with illegal immigrant teenagers having their 5th and 6th children and not paying for it and the hospital can't find enough nurses who want to put up with it all and will probably be forced to close. Buuuut the British girl can't work for them now even though she wants to.

    Anyway, must...not...let politics...dominate...blog comments.....

    Chris I found my ring the next day! Thumbs up their asses, thumbs up their asses.

    By Blogger Gareth, at June 28, 2006  

  • must...not...let...racism...dominate...blog comments...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 28, 2006  

  • Racism? ChrisY...is that you? :) It's you isn't it.

    By Blogger Gareth, at June 28, 2006  

  • Racism...politics?? What racism? What politics? It's a sombrero we're talking about here...not a mosque. Oooops, now we've got that six letter word in the blog and the FBI and CIA will be swooping in any second. Hmmmm, maybe they can help with that break-in problem.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 28, 2006  

  • Oh nuts, you got me! I thought it would get people all excited if they thought it was Chancesare or something. But it was me. Speaking of, er, people. You wouldn't believe what the natives are getting away with these days!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 28, 2006  

  • My dad's Native!

    By Blogger Steve & Gillian, at June 29, 2006  

  • you left your door unlocked and you claim to be from winnipeg tsk tsk tsk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 03, 2006  

  • You left your door unlocked????

    You guys are ADORABLE!

    I hope that didn't seem condescending...

    By Blogger Scott, at July 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home