californiaflagnowriting

We's in California

Monday, May 29, 2006

Dodging the draft one week at a time.

We got a fresh taste of Canadiana last week when we went to BC to visit my sis and her husband. I somehow managed to smooth talk (ie: quiver my chin, sniff a few times, and pee just a little bit in my pants) my way past both the US and Canadian border agencies without a passport or a proof of citizenship of either countries. This proves my theory which I am constantly presenting to Dayna that I would make a really good spy.

We covered most of the bases: Hike in the Rockies, Grandville Island in Vancouver, golf and a dog show. We learned
that only people with dogs in the show ever really go to the dog show, but it was still awesome. Vancouver sure is creeping inland. It's sad to see 75 year old farmhouses get surrounded by new suburbs and mansions filled with 6 Indian families a piece, but I suppose people need to live somewhere. Above we see Gareth intently following his shot from almost in the bush as it goes directly into the bush. After this I ran and jumped onto a moving golf cart in a very spy-like manner.

Talking to friends in Winnipeg it sounds like the movie biz is really swinging into full gear there. It's funny that star sightings seem to be on the rise in Manitoba, but here in LA all we've seen the last few months is a minor character from Gilmor Girls (Dayna made the spot, really) get up from a table beside us, leave a weak tip, and drive off in a rusted out Jetta. Ouch.

This post is me trying to get myself "back on the blog". I did remember Memorial Day and observed it by trying to figure out God Save the Queen on the violin before I was distracted by an episode of Arrested Development. Mark if you ever read this I am so so sorry it took me so so long. Today was the American Memorial Day but being in Van Nuys most people are actually Mexican so other than listening to NPR sadly we didn't hear or see alot.

Although spy training and yoga master parties in Beverly Hills have really been cutting into my weeknight blogging sessions I promise the next one will be about something. Wait for it....no no no....wait....

"Well you wouldn't be so tired if you weren't up IM-ing all night." - I recently overheard those extact words

7 Comments:

  • The next blog will be about "something." How can you eclipse the spotting of a cheap-tipping-bit character off Gilmore Girls? It was the guy who plays "Kirk", right?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2006  

  • Actually it was the guy who owns the soda shop next to the dinner.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2006  

  • At least it wasn't one of Emily's rotating cast of maids. Now those are bit-parts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 30, 2006  

  • You need to go to Studio Yogurt, then, because we always manage to see random celebs (mostly B-list, though we saw one of the Olsen twins, the non-bulimic one, or at least the non-publically-bulimic one and also Julia Roberts).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 01, 2006  

  • Aparently Luke Wilson was at Mod Night a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I'm too cool to go to Mod Night, but my hairdresser saw him there. The crew from all the movies usually stay at my hotel, so I totally have an "in".
    See you guys in July.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 03, 2006  

  • Ok Tiger, time to give up the toga master sessions and get "back on the blog". This post got a whole five...count 'em...five comments. What happened to the pizzazz? Lawyers with machine guns, adrogenous half wits in funny hats, Calvin wizzing on car logos, cockroach vans, outraged illegal migrants...where have they gone? Where's the curiosity, the spark, the rage, the indignation, the capacity to raise a storm in the comments? That golf cart says it all...you're going middle class. Say it ain't so G, say it ain't so. Give us the stuff we love.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 06, 2006  

  • I'd love to but the boss is really bustin' my hump these days and I've got like a million TPS reports due for friday. Ok tommorrow is my own personal deadline for an entry for anyone who gives a Donahue. Oh wait actually those TPS reports...

    By Blogger Gareth, at June 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home