californiaflagnowriting

We's in California

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

We's in California for 2 more weeks.

We came, we saw, I lost my keys a few times. LA was a great experience but there aren't many reasons we can think of to stay here. As negative as I've generally been about the city, we really have met some great people here and are sorry to leave for that reason. We are driving back to Winnipeg and will hopefully arrive by Christmas Eve. Instead of going through the Rockies, we'll drive to Texas then hang a left. I'm not sure if I'll be continuing to write the weblog when we're in Winnipeg.

I'm going to be on Leno tommorrow playing the violin. My hands were cold.

4 Comments:

  • Apparently "Jay" is easier to pronounce than "Gareth". Nice solo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 06, 2006  

  • Hi Gareth,

    As a native to LA, I found your blog quirky and a fun read. I'm always fascinated by people who come to this city and how they cope. For most, they impose a template of what they think a city should be like. I suppose it's natural. This city challenges those who live here in different ways. Here in LA you could choose to be a beach bum or an entrepreneur of donuts. And the grand thing is if it doesn't work out, well, it isn't called failure here, it's called experience. I'm always struck by how some people dismiss this city and say it isn't a "real city". I beg to differ, this is a vast place with Van Nuys just one piece of a mixed bag with it's own vibrant Music, Literary, Arts, Food and Culture mixed in with wayward mattresses and shopping carts. Thanks for contributing.

    Good luck,

    Big Mo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 07, 2006  

  • Hey thanks Big Mo. After being here for a year I think the best thing for Canada and the US to do would be to institute some sort of mandatory cultural exchange program. So each year the US sends 20 southern baptists from Georgia to Montreal for the summer, and in return we send my brother to San Francisco.

    By Blogger Gareth, at December 08, 2006  

  • Good luck back up there in frigid Winnipeg (well, it's not like it's especially warm in LA either). We, too, are leaving LA -- heading for greener pastures in Anaheim.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home