californiaflagnowriting

We's in California

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

New Job.

I (Gareth) got a job last week. It's with a company that sends doctors and nurses to elderly and palliative patients' homes instead of making them go to the hospital. This works out better for patients because
A) It drastically improves the quality of life for these people because they worry less, get regular care, don't have go through the trauma of visiting the hostpital, etc.
B) It saves their health care providers a lot of money, which (hopefully) in turn saves patients money.
This company is cool because they really believe in what they do. Plus Julie Andrews is a spokesperson for them, which gives them street cred. So basically I'm a doctor for them. My U of M computer science degree was enough and when I told them I watch Scrubs on my computer, that sealed it. I'm totally kidding, like totally. I'm helping with the online patient records system. Should be really fun. The company is growing like crazy and they're actually moving closer to where we live so it will only be about 20 minutes to work! That's unheard of by LA standards. Which are pretty low standards. For commuting.

8 Comments:

  • I liked you better before you sold out. . . Sellout.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 14, 2005  

  • Ouch?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 14, 2005  

  • I'm almost pissing myself every time I read your blog. If I had more time I'd blab about the ridiculous crap I see here in Thailand, but then I'd never leave the internet cafe except to eat rice and go to work. Keep up the regular posts!

    By Blogger Warren du Plooy, at December 15, 2005  

  • Gareth, working will improve your self esteem. I have a job also. I sell sneekas at Foot Locker. That's not actually what I do(it's what I plan to do).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 15, 2005  

  • Gareth, I also have a job. I sell Peetzas to the common folk, sure it's a chain restaurant but it emerged from the mom and pop-owned Panagopolis Pizza that started out in little ol' Abbotsford B.C. Do not use your new automobile to deliver the coveted pie. No, save it! Save it damn it and live!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 16, 2005  

  • Jer, I've had Panago in Prince George, BC. I remember because that same day was first time heard the phrase "It's pretty good bread", meaning "The money is pretty good". This came from CN Rail worker, but that is beside the point I am making in this comment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 16, 2005  

  • Gareth,
    I can't read the headings on the right hand side of your main page. I think it's Galic. I can't read Galic. Can you change the headings so I can read them?
    Cynthia: Gareth, congratulations on your new employment. I think that's just wonderful. Dayna, hope everthing is going well for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 17, 2005  

  • Mark, it's actually greek. I did it because I'm super creative. And that's something I won't compromise for anyone, no matter how big their truck is.

    Cynthia..thanks! I'm really creative because...I mean really excited because I feel like in some small way I'm using my unbelievable computer skills to actually help people who need it. You know what that's like more than most I guess. By that I mean really helping people at your job, not having unreal computer skills. I've seen yours. They're not that good. MERRY CHRISTMAS! (Dayna says MERRY CHIRSTMAS too!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home